Veterans Preferred - Heavy Equipment Technician
Company: Republic Services
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -POSITION SUMMARY: The
Heavy Equipment Technician performs repairs and maintenance on
heavy equipment, compact heavy equipment, light service equipment,
and light trucks. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to,
preventative maintenance inspections, hydraulic, fuel, exhaust,
brakes, suspension, electrical, HVAC, and emission
- Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical
problems on heavy equipment.
- Performs repair or preventative maintenance on electrical,
diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel
loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive
operations. Typical repairs and maintenance would include work on
engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines and body components,
hydraulic, brake, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires
- Reads and interprets equipment condition reports and/or repair
orders, communicate with supervisor and/or operator for
clarification of defects and discuss preventive techniques with
operators to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment,
documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e.,
work order times compared to time card times).
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and
oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic
Services Fleet Management Software system.
- Collects and interprets analyses from oil sampling, on-board
computer, and fleet management software.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs overhauls on gas or diesel engines.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires, hydraulics, advanced
electrical, advanced drive train knowledge, suspension, steering
and wheel-end components training as evidenced by ASE
- At least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a technician working
on heavy equipment, demonstrating the ability to service
increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs.Mechanical Trade
School certificate or degree
- Certificate in electrical diagnostics.
- Applicable ASE certifications.
- Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.MINIMUM
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position
requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out
Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations. Why choose
Republic?Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a new job,
it's about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world
together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and
impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.As a
company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share
in our aspirations to join our team: - We protect our colleagues
and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day. - We
are committed to serving our customers and communities by going
above and beyond to exceed expectations. - We take action to
improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally
responsible and creating a more sustainable world. - We are driven
to deliver results in the right way. - We encourage a human
centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of
every person.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. - Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Niagara Falls , Veterans Preferred - Heavy Equipment Technician, Engineering , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!