Assistant Director of Rehabilitation - PT or OT
Company: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: May 3, 2022
Job #: 47298 Title: Assistant Director of Rehabilitation - PT or OT
Job Location: Niagara Falls, New York - United States Remote Job:
No Employment Type: Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars -
Yearly Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? Direct Hire, Competitve Salary,
based on experience, Excellent Benefits Package About the area:
Wheatfield is a town in Niagara County, near Niagara Falls, NY. The
name stems from the agricultural use of the town lands, the growing
of wheat. The Town of Wheatfield is east of Niagara Falls
International Airport. With its proximity to Niagara County NY &
the Buffalo NY areas; it is filled with culture including the arts,
museums, shopping, restaurants, and recreational water leisure and
many beautiful parks. This area is also well known for its many
colleges and universities. JOB DESCRIPTION
Assistant Director of Rehabilitation: *Must be either a Physical
Therapist or an Occupational Therapist Direct Hire & Full-Time.
Excellent Benefits Package & Competitive Salary Setting: Skilled
Nursing Facility Location: Wheatfield, NY (Near Buffalo NY &
Niagara County NY) The Assistant Director of Rehabilitation
Services team member assists with ensuring the health and
well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality
therapy services. This position is responsible for administering
skilled therapy treatments ensuring that the highest degree of
quality resident care is maintained at all times. This position
assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Rehabilitation
Services during absences as assigned. Responsibilities: 1. Assumes
the duties of the Director of Rehabilitation Services in absence of
2. Initiates skilled therapy treatments in accordance with
physicians orders and rehabilitation goals; maintains required
contract with physician.
3. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and
discharge summaries for residents in therapy program according to
state, federal and facility policies; makes written recommendations
for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
4. Collaborates with other members of the inter-disciplinary health
care team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive
5. Provides input for Resident Care Planning (RCP) and
Resident/Family Care Plan Review meetings; attends when
appropriate; completes required documentation after the
6. Maintains statistical records of residents treatments.
7. Assists with education and in-service trainings when needed.
8. Records and updates residents care plan(s).
9. Informs resident or qualified representative about care and
treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of
treatment if resident refuses participation in a therapy
10. Orients, trains and supervises departmental personnel; assists
with students assigned to the facility or educational programs.
11. Compiles and submits requisitions for supplies and
12. Acts as direct report for Therapy/Rehab personnel in
conjunction with Director.
13. Ensures all documentation is processed accurately and
14. Leads departmental meetings (in Directors absence) and attends
the following inter-departmental meetings when appropriate:
a. Resident Care Planning
b. Quality Assurance Committee
c. Quality Assessment and Review Committee
d. Morning Report
e. Safety Committee
f. In-service Education
g. Staff Meeting for Department heads and Supervisors
15. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and working as scheduled;
responsible for own transportation.
16. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system, if required.
17. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including
wearing name tag at all times.
18. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence
standards and goals established for this position, and for all
staff members of this facility.
19. Attends facility meetings, staff meetings, and required or
20. Generates and develops ideas which improve the quality of care
for residents or increase position productivity and
21. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and
practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the
general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this
22. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and
procedures and ability to reference them from appropriate
23. Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards
residents, staff and visitors.
24. Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing
situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs,
such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
25. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices,
computers, tablets, etc.
26. Supports and abides by Mission, Vision, and Values.
27. Abides by businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA
28. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management
staff or Administrator. Qualifications:
- Licensed Occupational Therapist, or Physical Therapist
professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a
- License to practice in the state in which work is
- Must have interest in working with the elderly and respect the
rights of residents during care and treatment services
- Displays genuine concern for the elderly and patient and
- Current, valid CPR/BLS certification
- Possession of ability to teach, inspire and motivate others;
ability to organize workload, delegate assignments and promote
- Experience in the geriatric field of Occupational/Physical
- Experience with computer hardware and software including
- Microsoft Office preferred QUALIFICATIONS Education:
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Keywords: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Niagara Falls , Assistant Director of Rehabilitation - PT or OT, Executive , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!