Company: Seneca Gaming Corporation
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 18, 2022
The General Manager participates in the development of the long
term strategic directional plan for the property and is responsible
for execution of the plans. This individual will oversee all
aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, is responsible
for driving profitability of the property including identifying
opportunities to generate new and improved revenue streams. The
General Manager oversees the execution of corporate initiatives as
they pertain to Marketing, Finance, and Human Resources, and is
responsible for compliance to regulations and internal controls as
well as supporting other company wide initiatives. The General
Manager will lead the property to achieving World Class Service
levels, Customer Service scores and other pertinent criteria that
meet or exceed goals as set by the Chief Executive Officer and
maximizing profitability. As required, the General Manager will
develop and implement programs relevant to current business
environment - economic, competitive and otherwise. The General
Manager keeps the Chief Operating Officer advised of financial
performance and other pertinent developments and, from time to time
may be called upon to report to the Board of Directors of Seneca
Gaming Corporation. All functions will be performed within the
guidelines of the Seneca Gaming Corporation's policies and
procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
Position RequirementsSTANDARD REQUIREMENTS:
- Develops, mentors and trains enrolled Seneca Nation members for
future senior management positions within the company.
- Oversees administrative matters and ensures HR is consulted as
appropriate. Meets with staff on a regular basis and with entire
property no less than 3 times per year.
- Ensures effective recruitment, hiring, training, recognition,
evaluation, coaching and discipline, terminations and other
personnel related issues.
- Responsible for ensuring the property adheres to all company
policies and internal controls, including but not limited to
Compact, Human Resources, TERO compliance guidelines and
- Prepares the annual budget and monitors to ensure attainment of
goals. Manages labor and scheduling to ensure adequate coverage at
all times while minimizing overtime.
- Liaise with other management to ensure consistency and smooth
flow of information, policies and procedures.
- Maintains a strong network of contacts throughout the industry
to facilitate both formal and informal gathering of
- Runs the property and designs policies and training that result
in exceptional customer service to all patrons. Maintains a
professional work environment with supervisors, managers and
- Be knowledgeable of industry trends, new technology and
practices as they relate to his/her area(s) of responsibility.
- Must complete all required SGC Training programs within 60 days
from commencement of employment.
- Attends all necessary meetings to stay informed; including
company and community meetings.
- Oversees an operation that is 24/7 and requires hours that can
extend up to 60 hours per week or more, and be inclusive of work
weeks that consist of 6 or 7 days. This individual is on-call and
requires accessibility 24/7.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.Qualifications/
- Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- Must have four-year college degree from an accredited college
or university. A post graduate business, finance or legal degree is
preferred but not required.
- A broad knowledge of the operations of a casino/hotel is
required, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of previous
casino/hotel management experience; five (5) of those years in an
executive management capacity of a property generating in excess of
$150 million annually.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience managing a senior level
management team (VP and above) is also required.
- Must have previous experience managing a capital maintenance
budget in excess of $10 million annually.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience overseeing
capital projects in excess of $10 million per individual
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Individual must be a results and goal oriented
- Understanding of the casino internal controls and requirements
of the Compact with the State of New York.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able
to substantiate a safe driving record within the parameters
acceptable to our liability insurance carrier.Analytical Skills
- Ability to identify and address issues by developing action
plans or making decisions that will improve property
- Ability to work with property leaders to identify strategic
issues and opportunities and develop data that will facility the
most educated business decisions.Language Skills and Reasoning
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills,
be able to speak effectively to employees and guests, and be able
to resolve problems in a diplomatic and tactful mannerPhysical
Requirements and Work Environment:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels
increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where
smoking is permitted.
- Must be able to stand, walk and move through all areas of the
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work
under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively
deal with customers, management, employees and members of the
business community in all situations.
Keywords: Seneca Gaming Corporation, Niagara Falls , General Manager, Executive , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!