Assistant Director of Rehabilitation - PT or OT
Company: USA Staffing Network
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 16, 2022
(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Director of
Rehab - Assistant Director of Rehabilitation:
*Either a Physical Therapist or an Occupational Therapist
Direct Hire & Full-Time.
Benefits Package & Competitive Salary
Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
Location: Wheatfield, NY (Near Buffalo NY & Niagara County NY)
1. The Assistant Director of Rehabilitation assumes the
responsibilities of the Director of Rehabilitation Services during
2. Initiates skilled therapy treatments in accordance with
physicians orders and rehabilitation goals; maintains required
contract with physician.
3. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and
discharge summaries for residents in therapy program according to
state, federal and facility policies; makes written recommendations
for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
4. Collaborates with other members of the inter-disciplinary health
care team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive
5. Provides input for Resident Care Planning (RCP) and
Resident-Family Care Plan Review meetings; attends when
appropriate; completes required documentation after the
6. Maintains statistical records of residents treatments.
7. Assists with education and in-service trainings when needed.
8. Records and updates residents care plan(s).
9. Informs resident or qualified representative about care and
treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of
treatment if resident refuses participation in a therapy
10. Orients, trains and supervises departmental personnel; assists
with students assigned to the facility or educational programs.
11. Compiles and submits requisitions for supplies and
12. Acts as direct report for Therapy-Rehab personnel in
conjunction with Director.
13. Ensures all documentation is processed accurately and
14. Leads departmental meetings (in Directors absence) and attends
the following inter-departmental meetings when appropriate.
15. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and working as scheduled;
responsible for own transportation.
16. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system, if required.
17. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including
wearing name tag at all times.
18. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence
standards and goals established for this position, and for all
staff members of this facility.
19. Attends facility meetings, staff meetings, and required or
20. Generates and develops ideas which improve the quality of care
for residents or increase position productivity and
21. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and
practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the
general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this
22. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and
procedures and ability to reference them from appropriate
23. Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards
residents, staff and visitors.
24. Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing
situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs,
such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
25. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices,
computers, tablets, etc.
26. Supports and abides by Mission, Vision, and Values.
27. Abides by businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA
28. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management
staff or Administrator.
Licensed Occupational Therapist, or Physical Therapist
professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a
baccalaureate degree. License to practice.
Have interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of
residents during care and treatment services
Displays genuine concern for the elderly and patient and
Current, valid CPR-BLS certification.
Keywords: USA Staffing Network, Niagara Falls , Assistant Director of Rehabilitation - PT or OT, Healthcare , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!