Company: Key People
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Occupational Therapist - DIRECT HIRE: PERMANENT, OR A 13 WEEK
TRAVELER ASSIGNMENT (WILL ACCEPT EITHER)Full Time (Weekdays, Some
Weekends and Holidays) Competitive Compensation, based on
experienceExcellent Full Benefits Package Location: Wheatfield, NY
(Near Buffalo NY & Niagara County NY) Setting: Skilled Nursing
Facility Occupational therapy staff members assist with ensuring
the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive
and quality therapy services. State specific Occupational Therapy
license required. Responsibilities:
- Initiates skilled occupational therapy treatments in accordance
with physician's orders; maintains required contact with
- Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and
discharge summaries for residents in occupational therapy
- Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of
residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of
- Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and
attends during absences of the Director of Occupational
- Maintains statistical records of residents' treatments.
- Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
- Records and updates resident's care plan. Qualifications:
- Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy
- State license to practice occupational therapy required.
- Two years' experience in occupational therapy preferred.
- Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the
geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
- Ability to direct others necessary.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with
residents, families, and other staff members required.
- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with
- Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents,
as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
required. About the area: Wheatfield is a town in Niagara County,
near Niagara Falls, NY. The name stems from the agricultural use of
the town lands, the growing of wheat. The Town of Wheatfield is
east of Niagara Falls International Airport. With its proximity to
Niagara County NY & the Buffalo NY areas; it is filled with culture
including the arts, museums, shopping, restaurants, and
recreational water leisure and many beautiful parks. This area is
also well known for its many colleges and universities.
Keywords: Key People, Niagara Falls , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!