Clinical Scheduling Specialist - Elderwood
Company: Elderwood at Wheatfield
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Join Our Team: Are you looking for a new start? A great
opportunity awaits with Elderwood! Overview:
The Clinical Scheduling Specialist generates, manages and updates
master schedules for the nursing department while making
adjustments as needed according to budgetary constraints, census
fluctuations, attendance tracking, benefit accrual entries, and
leaves of absence.
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean,
Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Consistent work and holiday
rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance, Discounted
employee meals, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team,
Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO &
holiday package, Monthly employee appreciation events, NEW Weekly
Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for
1. Acts as the point person and lead for all matters related to
2. Thoroughly understands and uses the master staffing schedule
3. Uses multiple staffing tools intricately and possesses an
in-depth understanding staffing to census expectations.
4. Troubleshoots and effectively problem-solves staffing
complexities with minimum supervision.
5. Displays understanding of PPD metric and how to staff
6. Maintains regular, consistent communication with DON/ADON to
ensure coordination of staffing.
7. Maintains accuracy of nursing schedule in Kronos and all
8. Prepares daily staffing sheets with continual revisions as
9. Follows company policies for staffing as well as budgeted
guidelines for assignment of staff.
10. Completes a listing of vacant nursing positions for DON
11. Schedules staff time off requests according to established
guidelines and the DON/ADON's approval/direction.
12. Ensures at least one other staff member is trained on the
Staffing Specialist's position in the event of vacation, sick
leave, vacancy, etc.
13. Identifies critical or difficult to fill positions/shifts and
takes proactive action to balance the schedule.
14. Reviews daily exception logs for payroll and assists with
payroll preparation for the nursing and nursing admin
15. Communicates regularly with agency contacts and maintains
positive, proactive business relationships.
16. Collaborates with human resources regarding policy
implementation, compliance for new staff (both internal and agency)
and properly communicates all staff requests (e.g. status
17. Displays professionalism and ability to work in a high volume,
18. Communication expert with the ability to approach staff easily,
form strong relationships and persuade staff to assist in times of
19. Consistently demonstrates fairness and impartiality in
accordance with company scheduling/staffing practices.
20. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
Base wages increase with experience!
Minimum of Associates degree (Bachelors preferred)
Minimum of six (6) years of related experience in a high paced
environment preferably in staffing/scheduling or operations
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Prior experience with scheduling platforms, specifically Kronos,
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious
exemption from vaccination.
Keywords: Elderwood at Wheatfield, Niagara Falls , Clinical Scheduling Specialist - Elderwood, Healthcare , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!