Company: Elderwood at Wheatfield
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Join Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of others. Join
our team today! Overview:
Speech-Language Therapy team members assist with ensuring the
health and well-being of our residents by making recommendations
for a speech-language therapy treatment plan, if necessary, and
carrying out treatments as planned; conducting an audiometric
screening of resident upon request and making recommendations for
further audiology service. This position ensures that the highest
degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
THIS IS A PER DIEM SPEECH POSITION. WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS AND SOME
1. Screens resident for communication problem upon request;
conducts an in-depth evaluation and makes written recommendations
for a therapy plan of care, if necessary and upon request.
2. Coordinates audiometric screening test for resident and makes
referrals for further audiology evaluations, or treatments if
3. Initiates speech-language therapy plan of care according to
physician orders; and maintains required contact with the physician
during the therapy program of resident.
4. Observes rights of residents and treats residents with respect
5. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge
summaries for all residents in a speech-language treatment
6. Confers with other staff regarding special needs of residents
and integrates speech-language treatment program with goals and
approaches of other disciplines.
7. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan
Review meetings for residents currently in a speech-language
8. Maintains records that include statistical reports about
resident, in-service education information, budget information and
a material/equipment inventory.
9. Submits statistical reports to the Business Office staff for
Medicare billing payments, and completes assessment forms upon
10. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service
11.Participates in developing and conducting in-service training
programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Reviews written speech-language policies and procedures
annually and makes necessary revisions.
13. Maintains costs of program within the parameters of the annual
14. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and
practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the
general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this
15. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care
for residents or increase position productivity and
16. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence
standards and goals established for this position, and for all
staff members of this facility.
17. Exhibit the highest level of customer service toward residents,
staff and visitors.
18. Perform other position duties assigned by supervisor,
management staff or Administrator.
--- M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an
approved school required.
--- New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language
--- Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and
Hearing Association preferred.
--- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
--- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with
--- Verification of qualifications by the New York State Department
of Health, Office of Rehabilitation Therapies (license
number/certification number) required.
--- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
--- Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of
the company by following the core values of Integrity, Team work,
Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual is
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood at Wheatfield, Niagara Falls , Speech Therapist, Healthcare , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!