Special Agent: Psychology/Counseling
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: April 6, 2019
As an FBI Special Agent with expertise in psychology, forensic
psychology, counseling or social work, you'll have a career like no
other. Individuals with backgrounds in psychology and counseling
possess unique knowledge, skills and experience that are highly
valued by the FBI.
Your understanding of human behavior is critical in analyzing
motives and providing insights about psychological characteristics
and behavioral patterns that help keep people safe. Your analysis
helps assess threats and identify individuals and groups that may
pose risks to national security or public safety. Your expertise
and compassion ensures the most appropriate and effective handling
of sensitive cases involving children or trauma victims and
situations such as hostage negotiations. Your ultimate mission: to
protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the
Wherever you may be working now, whether at a public agency or
facility or for a private organization, we need your expertise!
Motivated individuals from a wide range of psychological and social
science backgrounds have become Special Agents, including
Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors and Clergy.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and
What you'll need to succeed:
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
* An understanding of human behavior and motivations and the
ability to communicate clearly to non-experts both internally and
* Attention to detail, combined with an ability to keep a strategic
* Ability to objectively evaluate nuanced information and make
* BA/BS degree in psychology, social work, counseling or similar
* Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
* Demonstrated expertise in analyzing interpersonal behavior and
behavioral patterns, handling sensitive situations and predicting
potential threats and risks.
* The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration,
communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal
ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and
dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you
will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team
of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a
critical mission and our people are sought after as some of the
best in their fields.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a
U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete
training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high
level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd
hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Niagara Falls , Special Agent: Psychology/Counseling, Healthcare , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!