Special Agent: Healthcare Services/Medical
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: July 6, 2019
As an FBI Special Agent with healthcare/medical expertise, you'll
have a unique opportunity to use your health experience to make a
difference in a career like no other.
While doctors, physician assistants, nurses and other health
professionals work at the FBI in a number of capacities, we
currently have more than 250 Special Agent Medics around the
country who are fully qualified emergency medical specialists -
EMTs, Advanced Paramedics, Emergency Physicians and others, most of
whom come with years of emergency medicine experience and continue
to train to keep their skills sharp. You might be embedded within
certain field SWAT teams, our Hazardous Materials Response Unit
(HMRU) in the FBI Lab and our Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) in our
Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG).
As an FBI Special Agent Medic, you will support crisis-response
efforts, special operations, terrorism and high-risk
investigations. You will tend not just FBI employees but others,
such as subjects and civilians involved in a hostage situation
where it's not safe for local emergency workers to enter the scene.
But you will also use your health and medical expertise in other
ways as a Special Agent, such as conducting interviews requiring
health expertise and recovering evidence. Your ultimate mission: to
protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and
What you'll need to succeed:
* Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to quickly grasp details of cases requiring health and
medical expertise and clearly communicate the impact to non-expert
colleagues and teams both internally and externally.
* Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
* Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound
* BA/BS or advanced degree (preferably in a medical, health or
public safety discipline).
* Certification as an EMT or Paramedic.
* Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
* Demonstrated health expertise and ability to respond calmly and
effectively in crisis situations.
* The drive to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration,
communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal
ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and
dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you
will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team
of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a
mission like no other and our people are sought after as some of
the best in their fields.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a
U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete
training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high
level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd
hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Niagara Falls , Special Agent: Healthcare Services/Medical, Healthcare , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!