Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Currently hiring a Per Diem RN Supervisor in the Niagara Falls
area. We offer Weekly Pay and Flexible Schedules!
The Pre Diem Registered Nurse Supervisor is respon sible for the
supervision, on-the-job training and competency evaluation of field
staff. Responsible for the delivery of care consistent with the
philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Agency.
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
appropriate care to the patient(s) services by the Agency
Willcare is a proud partner of LHC Group, the preferred post-acute
care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide.
From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping
- Counsel employees as needed according to Agency Policy and
Procedures. Maintain proper documentation of all employee
counseling. Consult with DON / DPS / Administrator / Director and
other Department Supervisors for clarification on legal guidelines
and correct documentation procedures as necessary.
- Conduct timely employee annual performance appraisals.
- Serve as resource for field staff, patients and / or families,
physicians and other community and contract agencies.
- Obtain physical, psychosocial, environmental and health
behavior assessment data as evidenced by completed admission
- Complete all nursing documentation / forms within the time
frame as established by Agency.
- Note changes in patient's condition through on-going assessment
as reflected in the progress notes and follow-up assessments.
- Communicate in a timely manner to physician and supervisor,
significant changes in patient's condition.
- Identify significant clinical finds and intervenes
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and possess the ability to assess
data reflective of the patient's status.
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify
patients' requirements relative to his or her age- specific
- Provide care needed as described by the Agency's Policies and
- Compare assessment data to baseline assessment to monitor
patient's progress. Recognize alteration in function, including
life-threatening situation, and intervene and document
- Initiate realistic teaching plan based on identified learning
needs of the patient and / or those providing care and documents
- Prioritize nursing visits based on the patient's health status,
anticipated needs, contractual agreements and Agency Policies and
- Evaluate the effectiveness of care delivered and adjust Plans
of Care accordingly.
- Implement physicians orders accurately and promptly, using
- Implement and perform nursing skills in an effective, efficient
and competent manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of therapeutic action, side effects and
interaction of medication.
- Document patient's adherence to Plan of Care, and notify
physician and supervisor if patient is not following plan.
- Communicate effectively and as needed with health care team
members by case conferencing to share information and solve
problems in a positive, outcome oriented manner.
- Remain flexible and responsive when changes occur in work
- Participate in the Agency's on-call, weekend and holiday
- Utilize available educational materials, programs, nursing
literature and resource personnel for professional
- Supervise field staff in their delivery of care as prescribed
by the established Plan(s) of Care.
- Provide on-the-job training to field staff.
- Evaluate competency of field staff and provide remediation
training as needed.
- Provide progressive counseling to field staff as per Agency
Policies and Procedures.
- Appropriately document, investigate and resolve patient /
employee complaints and occurrences.
- Provide employee health assessment and medical compliance
requirements as requested.
- Instruct trainees / employees as per Agency, State and Federal
- Responsible to obtain prior authorizations as required by third
- License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement:
- Experience Desired: A minimum of one year experience as an RN
- License Requirements:Must have current RN licensure in state of
- License Requirements:Current drivers license, vehicle insurance
and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- License Requirements:Current CPR certification required.
- Skill Requirements: Understands the concepts of home health
care and the role of the RN as a member of a full discipline health
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: WILLCARE, Niagara Falls , RN Supervisor, Healthcare , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!