Supervisor of Dining Services
Company: Elderwood at Wheatfield
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Join Our Team: Join our strong and growing company today!
Overview: The Supervisor of Dining Services assists the Director of
Dining Services with general oversight and management of department
operations and personnel. The individual maintains a leadership
role within the department, leads by example and ensures
regulations, procedures Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with
Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Consistent
work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life
balance, Discounted employee meals, Enjoy being a part of a strong
and diverse team, Free Hot and Iced Coffee, Free On-Site Parking,
Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life
Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay
Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for
prizes!, Uniform Provided Responsibilities: 1. Assists Director of
Dining Services with overseeing the daily operations of the dining
service department including the kitchen, dish room, food storage
areas, and dining rooms.
2. Adheres to state regulations, current best practices, policies,
and procedures for food preparation and meal service.
3. Ensures all Dining Services staff members are adhering to
department policies and procedures for food handling, preparation,
4. Monitors department food and non-food item inventory consistent
with resident needs and the weekly menu cycle.
5. Provides regular communication to the Director and/or
Administrator regarding food service operations.
6. Conducts routine audits and monitors performance improvement
initiatives related to food service at the direction of the
Director of Dining Services or the Administrator.
7. Attends, and actively participates in, staff meetings, required
in-service programs, and other meetings/programs deemed appropriate
by the Administrator or Director of Nutritional Services.
8. Performs job functions of each subordinate department position
9. Acts as Director of Dining Services in his/her absence.
10. Regularly interacts and communicates with residents/family
members regarding meal service.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of federal regulations of the
State Department of Health code and rules and regulations regarding
meal service in the post-acute care setting.
12. Ensures proper preparation, maintenance, and service of food in
accordance with state rules and regulations.
13. Acts as a preceptor for food service students and interns.
14. Assists with training of new and current department staff.
15. Conducts in-service programs for dietary and facility staff
16. Provides feedback to the Director and Administrator on the work
performance of Dining Services staff members.
17. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
18. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
19. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including
wearing name tag at all times.
20. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices,
computers, tablets, etc.
21. Supports and abides by Elderwood's Mission, Vision, and
22. Abides by Elderwood's businesses code of conduct, compliance
and HIPAA policies.
23. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management
staff or Administrator. Qualifications:
High School diploma or equivalent
Working knowledge of CMS and DOH regulations related to food
Associates degree in Food Service Management, Hospitality
Management, or related field preferred
Certified Dietary Manager preferred
Demonstrated supervisory experience preferred
Experience with DOH survey process preferred
Computer skills consistent with nutritional software programs
preferred Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical
exemption from vaccination.
Keywords: Elderwood at Wheatfield, Niagara Falls , Supervisor of Dining Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!