Veterinary Assistant/Customer Service Representative at Gerber Small Animal Hospital
Company: Jeanette Phillips
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job DescriptionGot the right combination of passion and
professionalism to assist our veterinarians in the exam room and
deliver exceptional service to our patients and their people? If
you have an affinity for pet health, great attention to detail,
awesome communication and listening skills, speedy keyboarding
proficiency, and a love of all animals, you may have a place at our
busy hospital.Gerber Small Animal Hospital now has an opening for a
full or part-time veterinary assistant/customer service
representative. Duties include patient care, hospital cleaning and
client communication. Veterinary Assistants will assist technicians
and doctors with appointments, surgery, lab procedures, dentistry,
note taking and animal care. Candidate will also receive training
as Client Service Representative/Receptionist and will spend time
in both job functions. Ideal candidates would be positive,
self-motivated, able to thrive in a busy environment, and also be a
team player who puts patient and client care first. Excellent
customer service is important.Although previous experience will be
considered first, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Generous benefits package includes medical, PTO, holiday, sick,
SIMPLE IRA with matching, and a pet discount.Job Type: Full-time or
Part-timeWage: From $12.50/hour based on experienceFull-Time
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement planPart-Time Benefits:
- Employee discount
- Retirement planBenefit Conditions:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible for certain benefitsSchedule:
- 8-10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Days, 1 to 2 evenings a weekExperience:
- Veterinary Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Animal Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service Representative: 1 year (Preferred)Work
- One locationWork Remotely:
- Education equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately manage and record detailed
information in medical records and other data-management
- Ability to properly restrain patients.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat
animals with respect and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance
and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to stay on task and work energetically for entire
shift, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day.
- Proficient at Basic to Intermediate computing skills, basic
proficiency using programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Work,
Keywords: Jeanette Phillips, Niagara Falls , Veterinary Assistant/Customer Service Representative at Gerber Small Animal Hospital, Hospitality & Tourism , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!