Technical Service Specialist
Company: OXY, Inc
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge?
Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,
action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company
continually striving to be the best in the business while staying
focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has
and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North
American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine
and caustic soda key building blocks for a variety of indispensable
products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment
chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash,
chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates
and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top
three producers in the United States in 2017 for the principal
products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the
company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a
supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our
employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top
performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and
providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are
looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill
the position of Technical Services Specialist at our Technical
Facility located in Niagara Falls, New York.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Customer Technical Service:
* Investigate customer quality complaints related to the
performance of Basic Chemical products and recommend corrective
actions to the customer, Manufacturing, Business Management and
Sales personnel to resolve the problem and prevent loss of sales.
Maintain complaint system and formally respond to customers
complaints using information provided by various OxyChem
* Counsel customers on the technical merits and proper application
of Basic Chemical products to maintain and expand sales.
* Develop Product Data Sheets and Technical Bulletins related to
the characteristics and use of Basic Chemical products.
* Monitor barge, ship and rail loading and unloading to and from
terminals, ensuring product quality and proper inventory
* Advises customers and terminals on proper equipment and storage
* Perform audits at customer and terminal locations.
* Trouble shoot customers analytical problems and techniques.
Marketing and Sales Support:
* Work closely with Sales and Business Management to support market
initiatives, maintain sales to existing customers and catalyze
sales to new customers. May involve presentations to new or
* Interact with trade associations that deal with Basic Chemical
* Recommend product specifications, quality parameters and shipping
guidelines to meet customer needs and expand sales.
* Assist the plants to understand and respond to customer
* Train new Sales and other professional personnel on the technical
aspects of our products.
* Provide safety and handling training to new and existing
* Implement and comply with all corporate OxyChem/OxyVinyls HESS
* Operate within the Technical Service Group with no reportable
safety or environmental incidents.
* Promote the safe and environmentally responsible use of Basic
Chemical Group products.
* A minimum of a Bachelors degree in chemistry or chemical
engineering with minimum 10 years chemical industry experience.
* Technical knowledge and experience with chlorine, caustic soda,
and caustic potash.
* Knowledgeable in safe handling, shipping and use of these
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read, write and speak in English.
* Physical requirements Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders
and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to
wear personal protective equipment including the use of a
respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Good computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint and SAP are desirable.
* Although travel is minimal, must be willing and able to travel
both domestically and internationally as needed.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with
Keywords: OXY, Inc, Niagara Falls , Technical Service Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!