Senior Aeronautical Engineer - Experimental Flight Operations
Company: CALSPAN CORPORATION
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Headquartered in Niagara Falls, New York, Calspan's Flight
Research center is home to a fleet of experimental aircraft that
include the USAF VISTA NF-16, four Learjets, two Gulfstream G-IIIs,
and a Premier 1A. These aircraft are used for variable stability
programs, airborne equipment testing, and a variety of other flight
research projects for private and government organizations.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Aeronautical Engineer to
join our team and continue our rich tradition of modifying and
flying test aircraft. This individual will perform a variety of
engineering work in testing aircrafts and conducts basic and
applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and
equipment to aircrafts.
Remote opportunity for those living outside of Western New York
or Edwards, California regions.
Due to security requirements, this position requires US
- Support execution of testing operations in accurate and
efficient manner. Apply knowledge of engineering techniques to
accurately complete and assign tasks within budget and scheduling
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes feasibility, design,
operation and performance of electrical equipment systems.
- Develop new applications and moderately complex test
- Maintain engineering data and/or drawings, which includes
layouts, three-dimensional models, and structural analyses.
- Develop technical documentation including engineering plans,
requirements definition, test procedures, installation design plans
and related technical reports.
- Provide technical guidance to personnel involved in developing
design approaches and executing test procedures. Review and correct
drawings to ensure proper engineering techniques.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years in Engineering or related discipline or;
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Aeronautical engineering methods and tools
- Perform moderately complex design, layout, test and evaluation
of aeronautical products
- Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
- Interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical
or diagram form and manage abstract and concrete variables
- MATLAB / Simulink proficiency
- Microsoft Office
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and
their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings
Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision
Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment,
Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%,
Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity
Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off,
Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military
Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. Calspan supports
safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background
checks and drug testing.
Keywords: CALSPAN CORPORATION, Niagara Falls , Senior Aeronautical Engineer - Experimental Flight Operations, Other , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!