Ground Operations Agent
Company: Winner Aviation
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Airline Ground Handler
IAG - Niagara Falls International Airport
Reports To: Station Manager
General Purpose of Job: Ground handlers perform loading and
unloading of baggage and freight as well as odd jobs to prepare
planes for flight. This is a part time position servicing
contracted air carrier on the field including scheduled or charter
services. Responsibilities will also include outdoor ground
operations, aircraft cleaning, security, operations and commissary
duties as required.
- Contracted Airline Flight Benefits (Pending Open
- Employee + One Receive Benefits
- Free Bags
- Only Pay Taxes on Flights
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive Wages
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read and write English
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of general office
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to become qualified to operate all aircraft ground
- Must be physically able to push/pull/lift, unload and maneuver
heavy luggage and/or equipment in excess of 70 pounds for extended
periods of time.
- Must be able to work in the airport environment: indoor and
outdoor. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature
ranges and conditions may be encountered.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights,
weekends and holidays.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must be able to qualify for all TSA security clearance
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- The ideal candidate must be people oriented, highly motivated
with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Ensure FAA, TSA and airport regulations are followed.
- Enforce safety/security measures and monitors safety sensitive
- Assist Customers with special needs, i.e., Customers who need
assistance in boarding.
- Load and unload baggage of various weight and dimensions to and
from aircraft and applicable airport baggage areas.
- Marshal aircraft to and from parking on the ramp.
- Must be well groomed and adhere to dress code policy.
- Work in extreme outdoor conditions.
- Ability to push/pull/lift 50 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Must be available to work varied hours including nights,
weekends and holidays and must be able to stay late for irregular
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to attend and complete required online and on the job
- Continually think, and communicate, ideas to improve the
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be
able to carry 50 pound suitcase from the floor to a height
sufficient to place them in baggage carts and onto loading
equipment, and carry a 50 pound suitcase in front of you with both
hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity
sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including
bending at the waist and knees, climbing, balancing, squatting,
kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for
extended amounts of time in aircraft cargo holds and baggage bins.
The employee must have sufficient hearing and vision and ability to
safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Keywords: Winner Aviation, Niagara Falls , Ground Operations Agent, Other , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!