Cargo Handler - Runner
Company: Ryder System
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Our team is growing!
Ryder is hiring a Runner in Niagara Falls, NY!
About the position:
Paid Time Off provided for COVID vaccination appointments!
Text "Niagara Falls" to (727) 705-4144 for more info!
- Strong Safety culture, including safe and reliable equipment,
- Stability and growth opportunities
- Competitive benefits package, vacation & PTO in the first
- Weekly pay, direct deposit is available!
- Forbes' 2019 list of the "World's Best Employers"
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certification required
- A minimum of one year of related shipping and receiving or
warehouse experience, with two years preferred
- Ability to lift at least fifty (50) pounds unassisted
- Capacity to transact system information in a productive
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
customers, and supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Performs material moves with associated transactions as
required by the customer
- Works at a fast pace continuously
- Loads and unloads inbound/outbound trailers
- Ensures all scanning is completed correctly
- Helps train dock employees on new procedures
- Ensures facility is secure at end of shift;
investigates/resolves scanning issues and housekeeping
- Performs the assigned tasks, as directed, to include the
physical handling of materials within associated customer
- Completes assignments safely within the allotted time
- Participates in workgroup and other team activities for the
purpose of self improvement and improving warehouse operations and
related business functions
- Abides by all company safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing work assignments in an accurate,
timely and safe manner
- Picks product to fill customer orders
- Packs, crates and prepares order to load on truck/trailer
- Operates cardboard baler machine
- Operates forklift and manual pallet jack
- Pre-trip inspection on forklift on a daily basis
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Other duties may be assigned based on operational needs
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Keywords: Ryder System, Niagara Falls , Cargo Handler - Runner, Other , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!