Company: Harris Computer Systems
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Harris Local Government - Remote
Harris Local Government, a Division of Harris Computer Systems
is seeking a Business Analyst to collaborate with business unit
leadership to focus on driving operational excellence, improving
financial insights & performance, and contributing to capital
deployment success. This person also needs to be comfortable with
and demonstrate experience with financial analysis, be driven by
challenging the status quo, and be able to learn on the fly
Here at HLG we are exclusively focused on providing mission
critical software solutions solely for the local government market.
Our experience and expertise have enabled us to continually create
products and services that exceed our clients' expectations and
meet their changing technology needs.
What will be your impact:
- Support business unit operations, objectives, and leadership
- Regular analysis and insights into business unit financial
performance and forecasting
- Research and preparation of market analysis for both existing
and potential business initiatives.
Develop, track, and analyze key metrics to critically assess
performance of our businesses, departments, and product lines
concluding in providing recommendations for improvement.
- Capital Deployment Support:
- Conduct industry and market research targeted to improve and
continually maintain the channel of acquisition targets.
Assist in the creation of financial models as part of our
capital deployment process. This may include business valuations,
revenue and cost projections, modelling scenarios, etc.
- Innovation & Growth Support:
- Guide and contribute to growth projects related to expanding
payment gateway revenues or our data services business.
- Work on special projects and experiments centered around KPI's,
internal systems, and continuous improvement.
Research, test, and recommend business processes or systems
aimed at improving efficiency and results.
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics:
- Determine Data Needs: Working with leadership, determine data
requirements that would help leadership make better financial,
service, and marketing decisions.
- Assist with Data Collection and Modeling: Work with database /
BI tools to put data into a meaningful structure and format for
- Data Analysis, Reporting, Visualizations: Analyze and interpret
data to look for patterns and determine if the findings answer the
business's questions and are accurate. Create and publish reports
leadership can use to monitor the company's metrics and make
decisions. Create data visualizations in the form of charts and web
dashboard applications that help track trends.
What we are looking for:
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the
intellectual horsepower to support business leaders to achieve
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use
in management decision-making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven
organizational agility to interact with all levels of management
and the ability to work effectively at all levels of the
- Ability to independently translate high level objectives into
detailed work plans
- Future travel possible, ~25%
Where are you located?
- Preferred: Current HLG office location
- Other locations may be considered
What we offer?
- Compensation will consist of base salary, group performance
incentive and annual bonus, plus excellent fringe benefits
including a 401(k) plan, generous vacation policy and health,
dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
At Harris Local Government we are focused on our vision -
creating an environment where our employees can realize their
dreams both personally & professionally; creating an environment
that supports customer loyalty by building long lasting and
mutually beneficial relationships with our customers; and ensuring
we have the underlying financial & business model that supports the
continued investments required to realize our vision.
Keywords: Harris Computer Systems, Niagara Falls , Business Analyst, Other , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!