About the position:
This position will be assigned to the Heritage Center Falcon
Club on Niagara Falls Air Reserve Base, New York.
The position is a regular part-time position, which means you
are eligible for benefits and guaranteed to work at least 20 hours
per week. Employees will be eligible for the use of the fitness
center, lodging, and other activities. Position requires working
irregular schedules, to include weekends, holidays, and all
Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the planning and managing of all food
- Uses culinary skills to perform as a working chef in the
day-to-day operations of the kitchen and all aspects of meal
- Instructs cooks on proper techniques and methods of cooking and
preparing a variety of food items in the art of fine culinary
- Checks food during and after preparation for conformance with
high standards of quality.
- Ensures that all kitchen provide nutritious, safe,
eye-appealing, properly flavored food.
- Initiates the preparation and development of new and unusual
food items, specialty food, and sauces.
- Creates and plans new culinary menu items and recipes to
support the interest of customers.
- Plans all menus for regular meals and parties.
- Formulates cyclic meal specials and menus for use in all food
areas to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures current menu costs cards on all menu food items and the
utilization of standardized recipes.
- Assesses food service related financial data and recommends
actions to maintain financial solvency.
- Responsible for the security and accuracy of monthly
inventories of supplies and foods.
- Complete routine walk through inspections taking any necessary
actions and meets all objectives for sanitations and environment
- Responsible for work force management, recruitment, and staff
- Other duties include preparation of budgets, maintenance of
payroll records, food costs, and reports.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the
online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11089789
1667 Food Services
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background
investigation with favorable results.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized
by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An
applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility
claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be
provided with application by the closing date, 07/15/2021
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside
Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows
for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be
required as part of your application.
Progressively responsible experience in quantity cooking,
preparation of a variety of food items, menu planning and cost
control of food preparation, inventory and storage procedures for
food supplies and equipment, and procurement of food supplies and
equipment. The experience must include supervising personnel. In
addition, the incumbent must have knowledge of dietetics, planning
culinary activities, and portion control.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. This position does not
allow for education substitution.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or
universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show
proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least
equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program.
It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when