POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the
completion of the nursing schedule under the direct supervision of
the Assistant Director of Nursing and/or Director of Nursing.
Maintains all records and performs all secretarial work within the
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
A. Job Knowledge and Role
1) Demonstrates knowledge of age specific developmental factors
specific to adult and geriatric residents with regard staffing and
secretarial duties in the nursing department.
2) Attends all mandatory in-services by employee’s anniversary
3) Acts appropriately under the direction of the Assistant
Director of Nursing and/or Director of Nursing and acts as an
active member of the interdisciplinary team.
4) Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes in work schedule to
meet facility and department needs.
5) Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with the Code of
Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program when performing work
1) Coordinates and manages staffing schedule and job assignments
according to nursing department budgetary guidelines and needs.
Contacts personnel to fill-in when there is an absence of another
2) Provides clerical support to the nursing department, which
may include answering telephones for the department/unit,
maintaining medical records, and preparing special reports.
3) Maintains all files within the Nursing Department.
4) Orders all supplies required by the nursing department.
5) Performs all backup for each PRI submission and the
computerized MDS/care plan system.
C. Role Responsibilities-Interpersonal
1) Is aware of, and adheres to, Resident’s Bill of Rights and
Confidentiality of Resident Information.
2) Interacts with residents, family members, co-workers,
clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental, supportive and
3) Addresses employee satisfaction issues immediately and
assists in resolving the matter in a professional manner.
4) Is aware of Resident Abuse Reporting Law.
5) Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and
demonstrates a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.
1) Demonstrates ability to locate emergency equipment (i.e. fire
2) Understands and can demonstrate knowledge of role in Fire and
3) Demonstrates ability to identify and respond appropriately to
potential behavioral outbursts.
4) Uses facility equipment safely.
5) Recognizes, removes, and/or reports potential hazards.
E. Resident Care
1) Addresses residents in a respectful manner.
2) Discusses confidential resident information in appropriate
F. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Nursing
and/or Director of Nursing.