Assistant Store Leader
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: November 19, 2022
The Assistant Leader is responsible for assisting management with
overall store conditions, in order to maximize guest services and
store profitability. The Assistant Store Leader will aid in
fostering a coaching environment where employees want to excel, and
are recognized for their achievements. The Assistant Leaders must
be scheduled to work separate shifts/days with the exception of one
day a week. They will oversee facility operations in the absence of
Facility Leader. -Cultivate a G-U-E-S-T in Mind Culture.
1. Focus on the wildly important.
2. Be a leader.
3. Be committed to the guest.
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service by discovering
guest's needs with management support.
- Assists in planning and preparing of schedules.
- Prepares shift reports and/or other reports as required by
management. Completes DSR and shift analysis reports.
- Assists and supports management in calculations of food
consumption, and requests purchases of food products, supplies and
equipment, as required.
- Ensures accuracy of gasoline pump readings.
- Supports in the cleaning of shelves, drives, dispensers,
restrooms, store interior/exterior, and other designated
- Assists management in maintaining building, equipment and
- May assist in analyzing financial data including but not
limited to; profit and loss statements, shortage to identify
business opportunities and increase of sales.
- May assist in analyzing food service results and trends to
determine the proper action plans, to leverage the stores food
sales and address areas for improvement. Assists management with
ordering and vendor check-in.
- Works under the direction of the Item Level Inventory
Specialist with inventory audits. Contributes in price counting
inventory, pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise.
- Conducts competitors survey at the direction of management
using personal vehicle.*
- Effectively reacts to and reports customer complaints tactfully
- Addresses and follows company policy and procedures and all
laws governing restricted beverage and tobacco sales.
- Performs service transactions in accordance with company policy
such as alcoholic beverage & tobacco sales; lottery sales &
redemptions; vendor coupons redemptions; Company approve credit
card charges, etc.
- Follows credit card, money order, and check cashing
- Effectively oversees facility operations during absence of
Leader; communicates employee relations problems to management for
- Safeguards cash and merchandise; follow company robbery
prevention and reaction procedures as provided in the emergency
response and reporting procedures and policy manual.
- Reports and follows policies and procedures established to
prevent loss of cash and merchandise due to actions by employees,
vendors and/or customers.
- Ensures the bank deposits are made daily. Follows proper cash
handling procedures in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures and eliminates safety hazards; reports unsafe acts or
conditions to management. Prepares required accident/incident
report, immediately reporting such activity to management.
- Operates cash register and all point-of-sale equipment
- Aids in managing the merchandising of the facility by directing
sales promotions, implementing new programs, and communicating to
vendors and other appropriate personnel on marketing activities.
Uses suggestive selling techniques.
- Assists in training and coaching to develop top performing
employees. Assists management with applicant screening
- Carries out sales associate responsibilities, as required.
- Maintains personal appearance in accordance with company
uniform and personal appearance policy for Assistant Store
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and when scheduled. -
The qualifications listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skills and/or ability required. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential job functions. - Essential functions are job
duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without
reasonable accommodation. - All of the responsibilities listed
above are considered essential job functions to this position.
-Education/ExperienceMust be at least 18 years or older to apply.
High School diploma or GED is preferred. Two year degree or above
desired. A minimum of one year in retail, fast food, or sales
experience is required. - Maintains current food handler and food
safety certification as required by county. Must be authorized to
work in the United States. - -*A valid driver's license is required
to perform banking -responsibilities and to conduct competitor
surveys. Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance is
required. - Employees are subjected to motor vehicle checks in
-accordance with -company policies if required to drive. -Knowledge
-and SkillsDemonstrated leadership and customer service skills and
competencies. - Proven success developing team members.
Demonstrated ability to use P&L and store reports to affect
change. - Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. -
Excellent oral and written communication and intrapersonal skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and to speak effectively before
customers and employees. - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals. - Ability to exercise sound judgment and
work with minimum supervision. - Proficient computer knowledge
(Microsoft products preferred Word, Excel). - PDI/Verifone/Topaz
experience preferred. - - -Physical Functions
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for full shift.Ability to
occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to
overhead, and/or 60 pounds from ground to waist level,, up to
thirty minutes of workday (i.e., to assisting in
stocking/maintaining inventory levels).Ability to push and pull
with arms up to a force of 128 pounds (i.e., utilizing hand
truck.)Ability to bend at the waist with some twisting, up to one
hour of the workday.May be required to climb a ladder and/or stool,
kneel or crouch to store or retrieve materials and/or place or
remove signs.Ability to grasp, reach, and manipulate objects with
hands all day. - This handwork requires eye-hand coordination and
may require bilateral coordination of hands, up to four hours of
the workday.Working Conditions
Employee performs approximately 95%
of work indoors. Outside work will be required.Employee is exposed
to intermittent indoor cold temperature extremes when working in
the walk-in cooler and/or freezer.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
job functions. - Essential functions are job duties that an
employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable
accommodation. - All of the responsibilities listed above are
considered essential job functions to this position. -This job
description is subject to change at any time. - -#INDSJ711Required
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Niagara Falls , Assistant Store Leader, Other , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!