Company: Merani Hospitality Llc
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Doubletree by Hilton - Niagara Falls, NY Position Type Full Time
High School Or Equivalent Salary Range $50,000.00 - $55,000.00
Salary/year Travel Percentage None Job Shift Any Job Category
Hospitality - Hotel Description JOB OVERVIEW: As Chief Engineer you
will manage the engineering/maintenance of your hotel and ensure
the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members. You will
be a master multitasker and be comfortable with any repair needs.
Motivating and training your team with the skills to keep our
hotels always looking their best. REPORTS TO: General Manager KEY
RELATIONSHIPS: Internal: Housekeeping Manager, Assistant
Housekeeping Manager, Room Attendants, Front Desk Staff, Hotel
Managers, and Food & Beverage Dept Managers
(Kitchen/banquets/restaurant). STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS:
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who
pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety
of themselves, other employees, or guests. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Some college or advanced vocational training.
- Four years' experience in general building maintenance and/or
construction, or equivalent combination of education and
- Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical and
- Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate,
licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and
carpenter may be required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Professional certification and license if required by law.
- Pool & Spa Certifications
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Prior guests relations training. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Treat guests in friendly manner.
- Ensure maintenance/repair services level is maintained to
include electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and cooling,
structural, facilities, ground and parking areas.
- Ensures timely response to requests for service by guests,
employees, and management to include repair or replacement of all
interior fixtures and furnishings.
- Monitors the level and quality of services performed by outside
contractors in accordance with all lease agreements, service
contracts and warranties.
- Maintains accurate records to include serial numbers of all
- Ensures implementation of ongoing Preventive Maintenance
- Maintains emergency procedures and equipment and assists with
the implementation of all emergency procedures for the safety of
all guests and employees.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area free of hazards.
- Maintains adequate inventory of tools and supplies for maximum
- Maintains departmental communications through the effective use
of staff meetings logbooks, and bulletin boards.
- Stays abreast of all technological advancements in the
- Maintains the productivity and labor cost goals established by
the General Manager.
- Participates in new employee orientations by delivering an
overview to the building and the Engineering/Maintenance
- Monitors and maintains a high level of cleanliness and
maintenance. Conducts inspections, investigating complaints and
implementing corrective actions.
- Maintains the hotels Out of Order room program in conjunction
with the General Manager to ensure revenue losses are kept to a
minimum. Communicates accurate room status to the front
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security and
return of guest lost and found items.
- Maintains standard procedures for security of on loan
- Maintains security of room attendant keys, department keys and
- Maintains energy management practices, policies, and
- Acts as Manager of Duty as assigned by management.
- Participates in other management programs, as necessary.
- Communicates continuously with the General Manager regarding
deficiencies and ensures corrective action is taken.
- Ensures timely response to requests for service by guests or
employees and management.
- Maintains personal contact with guests, clients, and
- Assists in implementation of Sales Plan.
- Assists in preparation of capital expenditure requirements and
assists in the installation of those projects.
- Maintain exterior grounds to assure cleanliness.
- Picking debris from parking lots.
- Sweeping along curbs and sweeping up leaves.
- Using the hose to spray sidewalk and siding of building to
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dumpster area daily.
- Maintaining all public areas when house person is unable.
- Removing snow as needed and salting when necessary. Maintenance
Engineer will need to arrive earlier on property to remove snow
before guest checkout.
- Daily and monthly reports given to manager in a timely
- Ensure indoor pool functions and is clean for guests. Learn all
procedures for the care of pool (if applicable).
- Fitness Center - maintaining exercise equipment (if
- Reviews maintenance problems, complaints, and work orders to
prioritize and schedule work assignments.
- Plan and execute on-going appropriate maintenance
- Solicit bids from contractors, evaluate the proposals and once
employed, ensure work is completed to specifications.
- Coordinate with local health, safety, fire and building
inspectors to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and
- Maintain building exterior if not serviced by a contractor
(e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting).
- Listen and respond to guests' requests or complaints. NOTE: A
review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job
functions. This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying
this position. Employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does
not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than
an at will employment relationship.
Keywords: Merani Hospitality Llc, Niagara Falls , Chief Engineer, Professions , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!