Electronic Controls Technician
Company: Precious Plate
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Electronics Controls / Automation Technician provides
support to the Maintenance, IT, and Manufacturing departments.
Support duties include solution implementation by troubleshooting,
programming PLC, HMI, and Vision systems, and by use of various
types of equipment in manufacturing.Essential Duties and
- Assist Engineers, Process Technicians, and manufacturing
personnel with the planning, development, and implementation of
fixtures and equipment.
- Identify & diagnose problems with mechanical & electrical
systems that control production
- Troubleshoot issues with automated programming, PLC, HMI and
- Setup, configure, & maintain ethernet controlled equipment
- Create equipment Bill of Materials (BOM) and make
recommendations for spare parts needed in the preventative
- Provide equipment training to Supervisors, Lead Personnel,
Shift Trainers, and other staff as needed.
- Ensure all equipment solutions contain built-in safety
- Identify equipment needs / requirements and assist with
obtaining quotes as needed.
- Promote and contribute to Lean Manufacturing planning within
- Provide gauge repeatability and reproducibility measures and
related information in response to equipment fixture requests.
- Cooperate directly with the electrical shop to troubleshoot &
repair control systems
- Contribute to the quality improvement processes and commit to
- Comply with all safety requirements, designs, and procedures,
such as lock out tag out.
- Other duties assigned as needed.Knowledge, Skills and
- Two-year Technical Degree required, preferably in Automation,
Electronics, or Information Technology.
- Ability to read, program, upgrade and troubleshoot PLC ladder
logic or other PLC-based code to resolve complex problems and/or
optimize machine performance.
- Experience with Cognex, Keyence, & Dalsa vision software with
an understanding of line scan & area scan systems Knowledge with
programming ladder logic in rslogix 500/5000 along with FactoryTalk
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot control panels and electrical
circuits using schematics.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and creative problem solving
- Strong computer skills and basic networking knowledge
- Ability to use CAD/CAM software; Master Cam and Solid Works are
- Experience with PLC & HMI programming; Allen Bradley
- Proficiency with Vision systems; Keyence and Teledyne-Dalsa
- Knowledge of model predictive control (MPC) systems and
- Ability to communicate effectively and report technical
- Ability to read, write, and understand verbal and written
- Project management experience desired; ability to meet and
- Ability to hear, see, occasionally bend, stoop and kneel, stand
up to 8 hours per day, and push, pull or lift up to 50lbs as
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently
and perform cooperatively with others.
Keywords: Precious Plate, Niagara Falls , Electronic Controls Technician, Professions , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!