Waste Processing Technician - Covanta MPF Facility Niagara Falls, NY
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a
protector of tomorrow!SIGN-ON BONUS - $2,000 (1/3 after 1 month,
1/3 after 6 months, 1/3 after 1 year)Company DescriptionCovanta
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental
solutions across a wide range of industries including heavy-light
manufacturing, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, consumer products,
health and beauty, food, automotive, environmental consultants,
municipalities, and other industrial manufacturers. Our services
help solve some of the toughest challenges faced by these
industries. Our mission is simple: To develop and deliver waste and
risk elimination solutions that positively benefit our Clients, our
Community, and our Environment.CES offers our valued team
- Rewarding careers with competitive pay
- No cost Basic Life and Basic AD&D Insurance, as well as
supplemental employee life and AD&D and dependent life
- Industry-leading retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive & Rewards Program
- Round-the-clock support through our Health Advocate
- Career development and mentorship
- Educational assistance to help you invest in your future
- And much morePosition Description:A Waste Processing Technician
II will safely and efficiently process inbound waste in various
forms, process, plant trash, material for solidification, green
rubber shredding, and load outbound trailers to ending disposal and
processing facilities. The candidate is expected to be proficient
in hazard recognition and resolution. Complete housekeeping of
assigned area and facility-wide involvement of good housekeeping
practices. Receive inbound material from liquid tankers, package
trucks, compactors, roll offs into the designated areas. Process
inbound material operating heavy equipment to include but not
limited to track hoe, skid steer, forklift, vac truck, tanker
trucks, roll-off trucks, walking floor trailers, dump trucks,
pressure washer, shredders, various hand tools, and material
handling equipment. Receive, weigh, unpack, empty, and label
containers as necessary.Day Shift: Mon-Friday with occasional
Saturdays as needed Responsibilities:
- Proficiency in hazard recognition and resolution.
- Complete housekeeping of assigned area and facility-wide
involvement of good housekeeping practices.
- Receive inbound material from liquid tankers, package trucks,
compactors, roll offs into the designated area.
- Process inbound material operating heavy equipment to include
but not limited to track hoe, skid steer, forklift, vac truck,
tanker trucks, roll-off trucks, pressure washer, shredders, various
hand tools, and material handling equipment.
- Receive, weigh, unpack, empty, and label containers as
- Mixing of inbound waste streams, liquids, powders, sludges,
etc. in preparation for the solidification process.
- Labeling and staging containers with product
- Take samples of powder and liquids to verify inbound waste
- Stage empty and full containers.
- Maintain satisfactory housekeeping standards,
- Complete daily equipment inspections, prepare equipment for
- Accurately completing shop floor paperwork in both written and
- Verifying the accuracy of quantity and quality of incoming
- Labeling every package and placing them in the designated area
- Identifying and locating the correct products during waste
- Keeping a well maintained and updated account of waste staged
for processing or 10-day transfer.Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Degree).
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must follow all Safety Rules, Regulations, Operating
Procedures, Corporate/Plant Policies and Laws at all times
- Hands-on waste experience with the operation of excavator,
track hoe, skid steer, forklift, vac truck, tanker trucks, roll-off
trucks, pressure washer, shredders, various hand tools, and
material handling equipment is preferred.
- Must be safety conscious, reliable, and have a strong work
- Be willing to work any shift and frequent overtime.
- Must be computer literate and have good math skills
- Must be willing to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
including chemical suit, respirator, face shield, hard hat,
steel-toed boots, etc.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug test, and background
checkCovanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.EOE AA
M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The
poster can be found at ). Level, Title and/or Salary may be
adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited
in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this
site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Niagara Falls , Waste Processing Technician - Covanta MPF Facility Niagara Falls, NY, Professions , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!