Company: OXY, Inc
Location: Niagara Falls
Posted on: October 8, 2019
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge?
Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,
action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company
continually striving to be the best in the business while staying
focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has
and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North
American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine
and caustic soda key building blocks for a variety of indispensable
products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment
chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash,
chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates
and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top
three producers in the United States in 2017 for the principal
products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the
company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a
supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our
employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top
performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and
providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are
looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill
the position of Instrument and Electrical Technician at our
Chemical Plant/Manufacturing Facility located in Niagara Falls, New
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety
of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we
operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
* Install, maintain, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and perform
preventative maintenance on all plant instrumentation, control
systems, analyzers and electrical equipment.
* Responsible for prompt and accurate diagnosis of minor problems
and the implementation of corrective action. Consult directly with
equipment vendors on problems for resolution as necessary.
* Set up and operate limited types of shop tools and specialized
test, measuring equipment and hand tools utilized in any phase of
machine installation or maintenance.
* Conduct evaluation tests on valves, motors, instruments, etc.
* Must be proficient in troubleshooting 120 volt AC controls, 480
volt motors and switch gear.
* Research specifications for materials, testing and repair of
instrumentation and electrical equipment.
* High School Education or GED required.
* Five (5) years process instrumentation/electrical maintenance
experience in industry OR two (2) years maintenance experience in
industry and Associates Degree in Instrumentation or Electrical
* Must be proficient in troubleshooting using loop drawing,
schematics, ladder logic, electrical one-line, and P&I
* Proficient in maintaining process control loops, electronic
controls, valves, and transmitters.
* This position requires completion of an approved state
apprenticeship program in either electrical or instrumentation or
equivalent, or an associates degree in Electrical Engineering
Technology or a degree/certification in Industrial
* Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
* High proficiency in Microsoft applications.
* Ability to read, write and speak in English.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as
part of a team.
* Must possess valid drivers license.
* Physical requirements Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders
and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to
wear personal protective equipment including the use of a
respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Additional chemical plant or manufacturing experience is
* Experience with high voltage systems (115KV, 13.8KV, 4160V),
circuit breakers, motor starters, relaying, cable terminations and
repairs, with an understanding of HIPOT, TTR, Phasing and Meggar
* Good working knowledge of SAP
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with
Keywords: OXY, Inc, Niagara Falls , Instrument Technician, Professions , Niagara Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!